800-628-8920 or www.pa-al-anon.org
724-679-5647 or www.butler-aa.org
Lifesteps Adult Day Healthcare, 3:30 to 5 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at 383 New Castle Road, Butler Township. Call LeAnn Fisher at 724-283-1010
ACMH support groups
- Breast Feeding Class, 724-543-8182
- Cancer support groups, 724-543-8658
- Ostomy, 724-519-2178
- Stroke support group, 724-543-8453
- Tobacco cessation, 724-543-8807
- Autism Society of Butler County, Davy and Mary Wildman, 724-538-4425
- Parents of Toto Autism Resource Center, Mary Limbacher, 724-473-0990
Butler Memorial Hospital support groups
- Butler Breast Cancer and Women’s Cancer Support Group, 7 to 9 p.m. the first Tuesday of each month, fourth floor of the BMH East Campus, 129 Oneida Valley Road
- Look Good, Feel Better for women undergoing cancer treatments. Call 800-227-2345
- Parents Drug and Alcohol Group. Call 724-284-4016
- Traumatic Brain Injury, 7 p.m. the third Thursday of each month, Dimmick Center, main campus.
- Lap band surgery, 724-431-4190
- Diabetes. Call 724-284-4374
Meets 12:30 a.m. the third Friday of each month at VA Butler Healthcare, 325 New Castle Road, Butler Township. Call Karen Gliebe, 724-285-2492
Family Services of Butler Memorial Hospital
Outpatient mental health counseling. Call 724-284-4894
Grief support group. Call Paul Rist, 800-720-2557
Highmark Caring Place
Center for Grieving Children, Adolescents and their Families provides peer support groups, referral services, adult telephone support and educational programs, 200 Warrendale Village Drive, Warrendale. Call 888-734-4073 or visit the website www.highmarkcaringplace.com
Lupus Support Group
Meets at 7 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at Hill United Presbyterian Church, 501 Second St. Call Rose Hinch, 724-283-8811.
888-251-2426 or 412-391-5247
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) support groups
- Support group for families and friends of those suffering from mental illness. Meets at 6 p.m. the last Tuesday of each month at Saint Andrews United Presbyterian Church, 201 E. Jefferson St., Butler. Call 724-431-0069.
- NAMI Connections recovery support group. Meets at 1:30 p.m. the first Friday of each month at Center for Community Resources, 212 S. Main St., Butler. Call 724-431-0069.
- Support group for families and friends of those suffering from mental illness. Meets at 5:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of every month at Passavant Retirement Community, 401 S. Main Street, Zelienople. Call 721-431-0069.
- Dealing with the death of a loved one nine-week support groups
- Survivors of suicide monthly support group
- Bereaved parents monthly support group
- Pet loss support group
Call Robin Miller, 724-287-3706, or visit website www.thompson-miller.com
The Victory Group
An outreach of Victory Family Church, 21150 Route 19, Cranberry Twp. Groups meet 7 to 8 p.m. Tuesdays. Doors open for refreshments at 6:30 p.m.
- Addiction recovery
- Men's restoration and renewal
- Family and friends of addiction
- Restoring women's hearts, for women seeking to develop healthy relationships
- Kids Like Me, Christian support for children of alcoholics and addicts
Call 724-453-6200 ext. 372 or go to www.recoveratvistory.com
Victim Outreach Intervention Center or VOICe
Support groups for parents, victims of domestic violence and victims of sexual assault.
Call 800-400-8551 or visit www.voiceforvictims.com
Visiting Nurses Association support groups
- Parent to Parent support for bereaved parents and other adults affected by loss. Register by calling 724-431-3520.
- Transitions peer-led social networking group for widows and widowers. Call 724-431-3520; leave name and number if you would like to be contacted.
- Periodic four-week grief classes and support groups. Register by calling 724-431-3520.
Back to Top